PF-Diagnose 5 FOR NORTH-AMERICAN / AUSTRALIAN MODELS
NOTE: DPF Regen is not available for HD trucks at this time... We are working on this feature and others.
Pocketfleet is providing a Hand-Held unit that can perform
FORCED Regen on Cummins, Detroit Diesel and Fuso
at Cost +10%! Offer is for existing Customers Only!
To Add this Hand-Held Unit to your toolbox, email support or buy direct from the Support Forum! - For Customers Only!
PF-Diagnose Features Latest Version
Previous versions will not have all of the features below!
- Added 500+ DTC Definitions
- Added support for Paccar Definitions
- Added Customer Database (My Database) where customers can add their own code definitions
- Path to My Database and History File can be changed
- Added Fleet Number to main screen
- History can be saved by VIN or Fleet Number
- Reduced Database calls in DTC tab to improve performance
- Some Layout adjustments
- Tested on Windows 10 - Passed
- Improved error handling
- If Custom database is not accessible, it turns off to avoid failed to connect errors so user can continue to scan.
- Now works on Kobelco
SCREEN SHOT - KOBELCO SK260
HD-ONLY edition is the same as the HD with OBD-II edition only it does not support OBD-II vehicles or features.
PF-Diagnose Version 2.1 Screenshot
Click on any area in the picture to learn more about it... (version 2.1 shown below)
Double click on a Fault Code to see Step by Step Troubleshooting
Currently Available for over 115 Cummins and Hino Engine models. More will be added as available
(Free FIS add-on required available on our Forum)
- Windows XP SP3 (Depreciated), Windows Vista, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 - 8.1 or 10
- Dual Core Processor or better recommended
- 1024x768 Minimum Resolution Display set to 100% in Personalization setup
- 25gb Free Hard drive space
- User must have Administrator Privileges
- RP1210 / J2534 Compliant Diagnostic Adapter PF-Diagnose works on Windows XP SP3 but has a memory error when closing the program, this is a windows error and since XP is no longer supported by Microsoft - there is no fix. We recomend Windows 7 or 10.
- Drew Technologies DrewLinQ (Recommended) ! Best Performance
- Dearborn DPA-5 DPA-III, DPA-4, DPA-4+
- Nexiq WVL2, USB-Link
- Navistar IC4, NAV-Link
- Movimento Puma-2, NAV-Com
- Cummins Inline III, Inline 4 and Inline 5
- Caterpillar CAT-Adapter II
- Detroit Diesel DDDL Adapters
- Case CHN Adapter
- Noregon JPro Adapter
- Grandview VNL Adapter
- J1939 250k & 500k
- ISO9141 (Japanese & Dodge)
- ISO14230 (Korean)
- ISO15765 (All Newer Vehicles)
- J1850VPW (GM, Chrysler)
- J1850PWM (Ford)
OBD-II Support (OBD-II Editions Only)
Mode 1 - Analog/Digital Gauges (160/215 Generic PIDS) / List
Mode 2 - Freeze Frame Data
Mode 3 - Read Current Faults
Mode 4 - Clear Faults
Mode 5 - O2 Sensor Test Result (Non CAN Bus)
Mode 6 - On-board Test Result
Mode 7 - Read Pending Faults
Mode 8 - Evaporative System Leak Test
Mode 9 - VIN, Performance Tracking Data, ECU Name, Calibration and Verification ID
Mode 10- DPF Regen and other service bay tests
Mode A - Read Stored Faults
Also performs Diesel DPF Regen over OBD-II on Light and Medium Duty Trucks
Forced Regen on Heavy Duty Cummins, Detroit Diesel and Fuso
requires Hand-Held Add-on Tool
Tested Vehicles: (These are vehicles we tested, PF-Diagnose will connect to more than listed)
- Caterpillar non CDL models
- International - MaxxForce - Injector Buzz test and params on DT Series
- Spartan Fire Apparatus
- Peterbilt - Paccar
- John Deere
- McClean small articulated tractors
- Trackless small articulated tractors
- GM and GMC - Forced Regen Supported
- Isuzu - Also Forced Regen
- Mitsubishi Fuso 2012 and up Also does forced regen!
- Hino (Live data only) 2010 and older - Full data, DTCs and DPF Regen after 2010
- A Variety of Stationary engines
- A Variety of Marine Engines
- Auxiliary Engines
- Cummins (ALL)
- Caterpillar (ALL J1708 / J1939 Supported models)
- Detroit Diesel (ALL)
- Mercedes 900 and 4000 Series
- International (ALL)
- Ford F150, 250, 550
- Isuzu NPR
- 2012 Mitsubishi Fuso
- 2010 and 2014 Hino
- Dodge Ram
- John Deere
- 2010 Volvo
- 2010 Mack
- Paccar reads all DTCs and 90% live data
Other Modules Tested: (Connects to any module on the supported protocol)
- Bendix ABS and VORAD
- Merritor Wabco ABD & Transmissions
- International Electrical / Body Controllers and Instrument Clusters
- Freightliner Bulkhead Modules, SCR Controller, Instrument Cluster
- Spartan Body Controller
- John Deere Hydraulic Controller and Transmission
- Allison Transmission - Does not read codes on GEN III or older
- Eaton Auto-Shift Transmissions
THE APPLICATION UP CLOSE
PF-Diagnose has menu items to perform various tasks such as Print DTC Reports, Export Scan Report to Excel, Work order and Settings are just a few of these options. There is also a toolbar for quick selection of common tasks such as Setup, Record and playback, and erase all DTCs in ALL Modules in one click.
With the record and playback feature, you can record a diagnostic session and keep it on file or play it back to review the readings as though you were connected to the vehicle. This is a handy feature for reviewing the data and PIDS when showing a customer or colleague.
The history feature allows you to see past activities related to the vehicle. Every time you connect to a vehicle or play a recording from a vehicle, that vehicle's history file is updated showing faults, when you cleared them, and any notes you may wish to store in the history file for that vehicle for example, Sent unit to dealer for warranty repairs related to this DTC.
Here you will see information on the engine module such as VIN, Total Mileage, Hours, Make, Model and Serial Number. There is also a FAULT button that becomes active if any faults for the engine are detected, you may click this button to erase engine codes leaving all other fault codes alone.
This section is like the engine section with less detail. Each of these sections report data from the section module only and the erase code buttons only erase codes related to the specific module.
This is a list of the modules that are seen by PF-Diagnose, they are distinguished by Color and Icon. A BLUE truck indicates J1708 Modules, A RED Truck for J1939 Modules and an OBD-II Connector icon for OBD-II Modules. Some manufacturers use module numbers reserved for another module and some modules contain several sub modules. This can result in an incorrect description of the detected module so be aware of this. If you connect with both J1708 and J1939, you will see two engine modules detected, one with a red truck icon and one with a blue truck icon.
The adapter monitor shows the current protocol, Activity on the datalink, Datalink connect speed and Message delay readings. This is for information only and is not meant as a troubleshooting feature.
The graph can be turned on or off, it can be exported or printed and is a visual history of the 6 selected PIDs. This is a valuable tool as you can select several related PIDs and watch them and what happens just prior to an intermittent fault for example. You can zoom in to some of the graphs, PF-Diagnose gives you a choice of 4 graph types.
There are 7 items displayed in real time on the gauges, these are common items seen on all trucks and are for quick reference. Combined with the 6 graph PIDs you have a total of up to 13 Graphic monitors. Gauges can be exported to a jpg for inclusion in a report if required.
Temps are another 5 graphic displays showing common temperature PIDs
DTC or Diagnostic Trouble Code, commonly referred to as Fault Codes. All faults from all modules are displayed here along with the status and counts where available. PF-Diagnose has tens of thousands of OEM Code definitions stored in the database and when you see a fault code, it is researched in the database giving you the most accurate description in the industry.
The Monitor tab allows you to select PIDs for inclusion, See live PID Data for all listed PIDs and print a list of PIDs for your records.
PIDs can be zoomed in on for easier viewing
Used primarily for OBD-II, this is the readiness of monitored PIDs and systems.
These tabs are much the same as the monitor tab except the only list either FUEL or TRIP related PIDs. Useful for tracking the fuel consumption of a fleet.
This tab is used to show the relationship between Engine Driving miles, Idle Hours and PTO Hours.
Change Parameters Feature - IHC DT engines Only - Only tested with the DGTech DPA5